Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2007

A Growing Experience


While i was typing this blog my growing experience became just that--typing this. Has this ever happened to you? Typing, typing, typing...proof read, proof read...click Publish--oh NO--I'm not on-line anymore. All my draft, gone. Okay so i messed up. Now this is going to be short. Maybe.

A summary of my last unpublished blog. My growing experience:
Finding the joy of motherhood. The phenomenon of motherhood. Me reminding myself of the Savior's admonition that whosoever will lose [her] life for His sake shall find [her] life.

Some days i grow very impatient looking for my life. Where is it? What i have done with it? Like that proverbial missing other half of a pair of small shoes. I still have hope that my toddler will lead me on the straight and narrow path to the "the shoe" instead of wandering aimlessly around the house miming "whe' es et? I dunno". More a miniature of myself than i care to admit.

And just for humor's sake (some may not find it so), but I hope to bring a smile somewhere: While i was typing the 'unpublished blog' my children raided the diaper bag and found a stray grahm cracker (they ate it), spread one hundred Memory game cards all over the living room (thanks, hubby, for playing hundred card pick up), thanks again hubby for smiling when you found out your flashlight got wet in the toilet, and for smiling (again) when you got home and our toddler was sitting on the kitchen counter in a quest for the playdoh.

I am the mother of an independent, seemingly capable, chair climbing prodigy teenager in a 3 year old's body and let's not leave out her 1 year old baby shadow. This is me.

Growing experience: the now. And trying to find that smile in all of it.


1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Thank you for participating! It was fun to read.