Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Birthday Bash!

Happy Birthday to me! Even though i've tried to convince myself that birthday's shouldn't be celebrated after 21, after this one I think i might adopt hubby's idea that "the more excuses to celebrate the better".
Hubby took the lil' gals shopping and they picked a bunch a stuff. Then he had them each choose just one thing to give me. The mini Nemo cross-stitch is from Audi (pronounced owdi like the car) and the turtle craft is from GC (my 2yr old niece--i bbsit her twice a week). Q. misplaced her gift to me which was a dolphin suncatcher and the paints to paint it. Following her advice, I painted it purple, white, and green. She's sorta missin' it but it's in the "mommy bus" somewhere.



This picture represents my newest fave thing. Hubby was sweet, sweet, sweet when we went to Kohl's to pay my bill before our dinner reservation and he insisted that my old purse was disgusting and that i needed a new one...well...what he didn't know and found out was that my purse was "the purse". I have never bought a purse for myself. My mom bought the only one i've ever used which happened to be about...mmm...ninth grade or something. I can't recall exactly.

"The Purse" A Memoir

What i do know is that "the purse" was perfect. It was small, which i like, it had plenty of card space, a pocket for my check book, chapstick, and pen, and a place for my change. It a beautiful tan, genuine leather mom got me on a trip to Mexico--so it was affordable too which is necessary to my well being. So maybe it looks a little shabby now. But i coulda' washed it and nothing on it is even broken or ripped.

Hubby was positive he was making the right choice to persuade me even though he was with me and shopping's not his first choice of activities, especially with me (i'm excessively picky and time consuming).

Tada! I chose this new one in record time and a wallet to match and to make things really exciting there was a Sale. Buy One Handbag/Accessory Get One Free. My fave thing about it, is how soft it is. I glowed the rest of the night. And that was before eating the most entertaining dinner in my life.


We went to a place called Sho Guns Japanese Steak House. It was SOOOOoooooo Cool. We sat with three other couples we didn't know and chose between steak, chicken, or shrimp or some combination thereof. I had fillet mignon and shrimp. But first we got some kind of beef and onion broth then a salad with yummy homemade sweet n' tangy dressing. Then the chef came over (because the table is mostly a huge, flat frying pan) and stacked some raw onion rings up, squirted some oil in, and lit in ON FIRE! There was a three foot high flame on our table!


And the chef had all kinds of moves too. He flipped, chopped, tossed, and juggled his knives and steak fork--he even spun the eggs around on his flat chopping knife, tossed the egg up, and VOILA! cracked it open on the edge of the knife.


The vegetables were cooked fresh right there, the sauces (ginger for veggies and shrimp and spicy mustard for meat) were excellent, and we were served green tea (declined that) and sherbet for dessert. These Japanese know how to do a meal!


Got leftovers? These are wrapped in foil packages shaped by hand to look like a dragon!...sigh...It was definately a birthday worth remembering...

Except maybe those Mrs. Field's cookies i made that hubby said were the best ever and then i burned half of them!!!!hmph! Life's not perfect but it can't hurt tryin' can it?




1 comment:

Ashley said...

Jaimie! I didn't know it was your birthday yesterday! What kind of friend am I? HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It sounds like it was a fun (and entertaining) day. And isn't it fun getting a new purse? Wendel got me one for Christmas and I was very happy about it. I hope you enjoy it!