Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Flu Freakout

I am suffering from a case of anxiety-ridden mommy hysteria. The flu outbreak is now being classified as an epidemic in our state. We had our shots but one of the Influenza A wasn't covered and that's the one getting to everybody. I even lied to Q. and told her school was canceled today. What kind of mother am I? Very crazy and paranoid, that's what! I am terrified of my two younger runts getting sick with the flu. Audi never handles colds well and BBB, what more can i say? he's still tiny and vulnerable to URI's. so I am initiating our first real world boycott. we are going to avoid everyone and public places (except the park on nice days--the park is ok cuz the sun kills the crud) and Superman is going to have to put up washing his hands and changing his clothes obsessively when he gets home at night. I am struggling with the church issue though. i think i'll take a can of Lysol with me and give it to the nursery leader. No one is touching my baby. And we are going to learn to love the smell of orange alcohol. I know how to push my family's patience levels to the brink. Poor peeps. Pray for 'em.

1 comment:

j bell said...

You are so funny.....I think you will be fine. Your family may need theropy LOL. I had it, it was BAD!!!! I have been out of commission for about 2 1/2 weeks. It was killer. The Dr gave us medicine for the boys called Tamiflu to prevent them from getting it, and it worked. I hope to see you soon. We are coming over this week right??
Jenn