Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Mattress: Conclusion of the Brad Pitt Moment

I went to pick up some bunk beds and when the man loaded them he insisted we do it a particlar way as to keep the cherry finish on the bed from getting scratched up. The mattress was on top and its one of those box frame types with the foam on top. My trailer has almost six foot sides on it so i never even gave a thought to anything blowing out.

When i got on the highway (major four lanes 70mph), about a mile up a semi truck passed me and i felt the trailer jerk. Mr. Semi was going pretty fast so i thought the wind difference is what caused my trailer to jerk. its pretty light weight and the bed didn't really make that much difference. Unfortunately, i had taken too long at the Wal-Mart andthe sun had set so i could not see my cargo.

When i stepped out of my van once i arrived home, i immediately noticed the mattress was GONE! My pioneer woman bliss and delirium was instantly replaced with dread. My stomach went from being stuck in my throat to dropping in a super milli-second to my toes. Sort of like when you go down that first 87 degree slope on a hundred foot drop steel roller coaster?


I go inside and sit on the couch. Superman wants to know what's wrong. i guess something about my face doesn't look quite right. I tell him about the mattress. He's a bit perturbed.

He says he'll go find it but i don't know how he's gonna when he doesn't know exactly where Mr. Semi passed me. Of course, i may not know either because of my pioneer woman coma. Then i tell in a very shaky voice about seeing her. And then i start laughing. I laughed harder and harder until i was laughing so hard i was crying! and Superman definately thinks i've totally gone off my rocker.

I cannot believe that one minute i can be so elated with joy and the next be in the dumps because i am simply this--A Woman. A Female. A Girl. i believe if a man had to endure the never-ending, ever-changing emotions of a woman than they would be a heck of alot more: #1. grateful to be a man and #2. way more understanding of their womenfolk.


Superman did go back and find that mattress. He couldn't believe that the thing blew out of that trailer. Actually, his exact comment went something like this, "i don't know how you could lose anything out of that trailer" and when he got home i endured a lecture on how to load a mattress. i tried to explain that i did let A MAN load the thing but i'm not sure that sunk in.

1 comment:

j bell said...

LOL .... that it too funny!!! I would have been to MAD to laugh. Ok maybe I missed it, but what does Brad Pitt have to do with it??? I am having a blonde moment. LOL So how have you been??? haven't talked to anyone in so long. I have brought your stuff to church everytime, but never see you. That stinks. Opposite sides of the building i guess??? Well anyway... just wanted to say what up?? so WHAZZZUP>>> ttyl