Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Another Q.ism

My 6 yr. old thinks she's pretty wise. She thinks she's mostly all grown up. Here's what went down at the dinner table, which, needless to say, gave her granma (MM) and Papa great delight.

P: You better eat your green beans so that you get really pretty and some boy will give you a kiss.

Q: What boy?

P: Your boyfriend.

Q.: I don't have a boyfriend.

MM: You don't?

Q.: Well, when i'm 17 my boyfriend is going to come to my 17th birthday party.

P: Whose your boyfriend gonna be?

Q.: I dunno.

P.: What's his name?

Q.: I dunno.

P.: Is it Ronnie? (Papa's name)

Q.: No. But if you come to my party i'll tell you...if you're still aliiiive. (said with a "well duh" sarcasm)

As we start to crack up...

Q.: Or i'll just go put flowers on your grave.

We were crying from laughing histeria at this point not out of sadness that someday they'll be gone. And Q. just sits there very matter of fact. i'm glad we can give Papa and granma some good times while we intrude on their private space and time. It makes it worth it. Thank God for them.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

It's great that you recorded this so you can show it to her someday. Love it.