Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

For Superman

100 Reasons Why I Love You





1. you love me first


2. you love me back


3. you love our kids


4. your confidence


5. you fly solo with the kids


6. you count dirty diapers with me


7. you look at my bruises


8. you still have “that look in your eyes” after almost 9 years


9. you lost 50# for me


10. you gave up Kool-Aid for me


11. you hide snacks in your truck


12. you are ornery with me


13. you work hard to make me laugh (and smile)…


14. …then you tell me you love it


15. you are biased about me


16. when you get your nose in a book


17. you know me more and more


18. you are loyal


19. you are a leader


20. you are motivated to help others


21. you want to please me


22. you want me to be happy


23. you love our place


24. you give the best backrubs (you are my hero)


25. how your eyes are different colors depending on whether you are far or near


26. that you write a schedule for the kids when you’re home


27. that you let the kids help


28. your mole


29. that you changed jobs to be with your family more


30. that you want me to accomplish my dreams


31. that you support me


32. that you tell me jokes even when I don’t laugh


33. that through you I have awesome in-laws


34. that you want me to tell you how great your projects turn out


35. your projects always turn out great


36. how you make up cool stories for the kids


37. how you always make the kids the heroes in your stories


38. you have a song for each kid


39. you sing that song almost every night to them


40. you let them use you as a jungle gym…


41. …that you’re pretty patient about being used as a jungle gym


42. you are on the kids level most the time


43. how you want me to be Joan Clever and meet you at the door


44. your passion for gardening even though you might not admit it


45. that you think its “cooler than she even knows” that you have a beehive


46. how you humor my craigslist addiction


47. that you check my blog almost daily


48. how you can’t stand to “not know”


49. that you are ticklish like a kid


50. you encourage a gospel centered home by…


51. initiating FHE every week


52. initiating scripture studies


53. initiating prayers


54. that you get the kids involved with reading scriptures, even BBB who can’t read yet


55. for loving my cooking (most the time)


56. when you brag about my cooking to other people


57. you haven’t given up on Q.


58. for eating what I cook even if its not your favorite


59. for folding the kid’s laundry


60. taking a serious interest in what to my buy me for gifts…


61. …and getting it right


62. for asking the kids what I like


63. for listening to the kids


64. for taking a whole weekend to take the girls to that dance


65. braving shoe shopping with the kids (even though you’re mom helped)


66. bringing home ice cream and Head Country from Braum's


67. laughing about my “People” magazines


68. introducing me to the sitcom


69. giving Sunny lots and lots of hair


70. you think you’re the “smartest person…”


71. that you know how to have fun


72. that you enjoy music


73. that you want our kids to have “more”


74. how you are proud of your place


75. that you have exceeded my expectations


76. that you sacrificed your time and your sleep


77. that you brought us to where we are


78. you let me get “girlfriend time”


79. you are nice to my girlfriends


80. sometimes you go out of your way…


81. …and out of your comfort zone


82. you are good with numbers


83. you have passion for engineering stuff (whatever that might be)


84. you believe in your research and continuing it


85. that you are a “man’s man”


86. for introducing me to OU


87. you listen to talk radio…


88. and read the news so…


89. I can get sound political advice from you


90. you miss me even after one night


91. for being “the man” in our daughter’s lives


92. for wanting to try new things


93. stick with what you like (dr. pepper among others)


94. that you are fairly easy to please


95. your love for chocolate (especially brownies)


96. that you keep the toilet seats down


97. how you encourage BBB to like what you like (ex. OU)


98. you take the girls shopping every year for a new dress


99. that you have donut day


100. THAT YOU CHOSE ME! That you still try over and over.


Thank You Babe! You are my Superman.


P.S. even if you have super soft tender feet...i love that about you!

4 comments:

Alida B. said...

Loved this!

Superman said...

Thanks babe, I love you too. This was nice. However, I must correct a few statements.

#11 is not true. It is a plain fabrication. I have been telling her this for years and she doesn't beleive me.

#42 I think this is an indirect slam.

#45 Only Sallings knows why I like my Beehive. No use explaining.

#70 This is true. And I am the humblest person I know as well.

#93 Fords, DP, OU, Mormon Church and Homemade Ice Cream. Somethings will never change.

And for all the women reading her blog, just FYI, she stole this idea from me. She has a "100" list she got for valentines day a few years back. Very nice though.
Love you babe.

Mr. Wendel said...

This is such a sweet post. I smiled through the whole thing. What a great guy you have Jaimie. Wow, I can't believe it's almost been nine years...really? Where does the time go?

Alida B. said...

HAHAHA! At "Superman's" comments. I actually had to pull up the original post and follow along with all his points. ;)

On #11, Jeremiah does the same thing. He also denies it at every turn.